Monday, November 21, 2011

More Summer pics

This is one of my favorite dresses. She is wearing her bunny slippers inside Ethan's church shoes.
I wanted to take the kids to Rigby Lake to swim this summer and when summer was almost over and I still hadn't taken them I decided I was going to take them even if that meant I had to go by myself. We borrowed some life jackets, packed a lunch and had a great time!



There is a slide in Rigby Lake you can swim out to. Since I went to the lake alone I couldn't swim out there with the kids unless I took all of them out there with me and that wasn't going to work! Ethan really wanted to go so he put on a life Jacket and swam out there alone. I was really nervous standing on the bank, but I was really proud of him for doing it!

We went to the Snake River Roaring Youth Jam again this year. The Arts council and a lot of volunteers set up crafts and fun things for the kids to do. Brad's mom met us there and we made a lot of crafts and had a lot of fun!
This is a huge xylophone the kids can paint or play. The paint splatters everywhere!


Thanks Diane for coming with us, we had a lot of fun!

She was so proud of her self...I still haven't been able to get it all off the floor.
Ice cream and swimming are some of the best things about summer!

The swing set had a broken string and we finally fixed it! Yeah, we were all so excited!
The City of Idaho Falls has a picnic for all of it's employees each year and they open up the rides at Fun Land and the zoo for free. After we ate we rode all the rides and then Brad was on clean up and I took the kids to the zoo. I forgot Lily's stroller which was the worst part about going to the zoo aside from not having help. The kids were terrible! They could have passed for belonging in the zoo if I had snuck them into the monkey house! The picture below summarizes all the fun we had at the zoo that night.
A lady Brad works with offered to let us ride a ride while she watched our kids. We hadn't been on a ride together in a long time so it was fun for us to do that and to see our little kids watching us through the fence



Brad's family had a family reunion and this is a picture of us before we started our hike. Lily loved the backpack we borrowed from a friend, it was so nice to have. It was more of a stroll than a hike since we had to stop and wait for the kids to catch this and that with their butterfly nets along the way.
On the hike back down Lily took a mini nap.
Brad's mom bought the boys each a butterfly net. They LOVED them and used them to catch anything they could find. Thank you Diane!!!
The boys had a great time with their cousins, Carter & Elise. It was so nice for them to have some kids to play with at camp
The kids spent most of their time in the stream trying to catch little fish with their butterfly nets.
There were several hammocks at camp and the kids loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment