Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer fun 2012

This silly pic is to show you that Lily chipped her front tooth. She missed the curb and broke 2 pieces off her right front tooth. It looked worse after it happened but we took her in and had it ground down so it was smoother. Poor kid. This happened the day before we got family pics taken. She didn't want to smile for the photographer anyway.
Lily was "helping" me make pizza dough
Flour, yum?
I found Ethan in our fire pit while playing hide & seek. Silly kid, I see you!
Playing hide & seek behind our old pool, I see you too
Making a mess at grandmas
Playing dress-up with Aunt Steph
Lily meeting her cousin Olivia who was visiting from TX, "Hi baby livia"
Cookies & cream milkshake, yum
Messy faces are embarrassing when you know you've got one! "No mom don't take my picture!"
"Ok, Cheese!"
Ethan fishing with his new pole
Eddie trying to be patient!
Lily throwing pebbles, waiting for the boys to be done fishing
We haven't had any luck fishing in ID, yet.
Eddie playing t-ball, he loves it!
Ethan playing machine pitch, he has been on the same team for the last 2 years. They have come a long way since last year!
Eddie turned 5 in June, he wanted a scooter again this year. The one he received last was taken to school by his big brother, forgotten & then stolen. He also wanted doughnuts instead of cake. It was a lot easier & less stress for me!
Opening his gift from Jane, Max, Charlie and Aunt Sharon. Thanks for celebrating with us!
Silly Lily
Ethan caught his first fish in WA when we went to spend the week with my family. He actually didn't know he had this Big ol' fish on the line. But of course we kept it. Ethan had to check on it in the fridge several times that day. He was so proud!
Ethan also caught a lot of frogs on our trip, but we did NOT keep any of those.
Each day of the 4 days we spent with my mom/step-dad & Grandparents we tried had planned a fun activity. The first day my mom had a scavenger hunt that ended with a pinata! We also had Jelly bean fun day where they got a jelly bean for every activity they preformed. Another day we played sports. We Camped with my mom for 4 days at Williams Lake near Spokane. We picked this spot because it is close to the place my grandparents park their motor-home every summer at Chapman Lake, and it is not far from where my dad lives. (Less overall driving, when the ride is long enough just getting there!)
Ethan winding up for a big hit
They all got a pair of sun glasses from the pinata, what a cute group!
Making ice cream with Great-Grandma Kauer
Eddie & dad caught fish the next day at Chapman Lake
Several times a day the boys asked if we could rent a paddle boat. We finally did and it was a lot of fun
Shyla & Lil' playing on the beach
Having a snack in the best seat at camp
Eddie with Grandpa Eddie
My 3 happy fishermen after a good day of catching fish!
We caught about 15 fish that day with Great Grandma Kauer. She's the best fisherman I know, besides grandpa. She's a great teacher too. It was an awesome day!
The next day we headed to Spokane for my step-sister Sunny's wedding and reception. Brad & I were able to sneak away between the events, with the help of Jeni watching our kids (thank you!) and had a Cinnabon!!! I haven't had one of those in about 7 yrs! It was amazing! The next day we went to Silverwood with my dad. We played all day and had lots of fun!
Lily & Issac (my nephew who is a yr younger but similar in size to Lily) had to take a nap 1/2 way through the day, everyone commented on what cute blond twins Jeni had as she sat and watched them while I went with the other kids, thanks Jeni!
My dad & Eddie on the train roller coaster, whee!
Lil' & Dad ready to ride the bumper boats, she loved it!
Ethan loved them too!
Shyla and Eddie riding the helicopters! We had such a fun day!
On our last day at Grandpas house my niece bopped Lily over the head with a broom and we had a make a trip to urgent care. It bled a lot! It was borderline stitches and we decided if they thought it would be ok without them we would go that route. She is a tough little kid.
I gave Lily her first real hair cut, (other than her bangs). This pic looks like I missed a few strands but really I was happy it turned out as well as it did. Her bang cut was SO much better than last time too thank goodness! I hope we are just as lucky every time! I owe it to cartoons, thank you Caillou!
We went to the zoo with Grandma Diane and Diane's brother Brent and his two kids.
My 3 little chickens in the nest at the zoo
At the 4th of July parade with Aunt Candace & Uncle Matthew. After the parade we had a BBQ at Greg & Diane's and the kids played in the pool.
After the BBQ we let the kids take turns picking what fireworks we should light
Watching dad light the snakes
Daine made Lil's dress and the boys shorts for the 4th, they looked so cute. Thanks Grandma!
Below are some pics of the kids & their sparklers


We got this bike from my dad the weekend we visited him. In the couple of weeks since then Lily has learned to pedal it on her own! It took my boys forever to figure this out, I was surprised she learned so quickly, and all by her self.
Waiting for the fireworks to start. Eddie saw the first firework and slept through the rest, but Lily & Ethan saw them all.
We had a fun 4th of July, the kids were all asleep by the time we drove home.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Good post! So many fun activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You have had so much fun this summer already. It is fun to see everyone together and getting so big. I wish we could have joined you at the lake... maybe next year. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew, what a summer! Lily is hilarious--I can't believe how banged-up she gets! And those goggles should be standard issue for milkshakes!

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Silverwood! What a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you while we were there and the time we went together in our matching nike shirts and rode the corkscrew over a dozen times. That was a great day!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the comments, I love them!

    ReplyDelete